Vuforia SDK Version: 2.0.31 -
Description with steps to reproduce:
I have two issues with Vuforia video playback on my Japanese Sony Xperia acro HD IS12S running Android 4.0.4.
1. Camera view does not display and AR functionality does not work. It just stays black after Vuforia finishes initializing and starting up.
2. After doing a hack workaround for 1, keyframes display correctly but when video playback starts the video content is rendered correctly (plays on top of the target in its correct position) but the surrounding area which would normally be the rest of the camera view go black. The camera view reappears when the video is paused.
With regards to 1., I read this thread and was able to get around temporarily it by:
1. Disabling the internet connection
2. Clearing the app's cache and data and restarting the app into AR video playback mode
3. But once the internet connection is reestablished it seems flaky as to whether it will go back into AR mode or just stay black
As it stands my app will be moreorless useless for the many Japanese who have Sony Xperias so I think this is a potentially big issue. From my other OpenGL ES/GLSL testing on Xperia's it seems Sony/the Japanese telcos have modified the heck out of the standard Android OS and camera code so they've probably introduced a bunch of compatibility issues.
Android OS: 4.0.4
Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia acro HD IS12S.
Telco: KDDI (au)
Build version: 6.1.D.1.91 (according to the thread above for issue #1, that issue was solved on Vuforia 2.0.30 with build 6.1.A.2.50 but my issue seems to say otherwise ... I'm assuming 6.1.D.1.91 is a newer build than 6.1.A.2.50).
App: customized app based on the original VideoPlayback sample app.
The same app runs fine on my Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.1.
Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Windows -
Mobile OS and Version: Android 4.0.4 -
Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: Sony Xperia IS12S -
Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?: Have only ran my customized app.