"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Vuforia 2.5.8 and AppStore Publishing

Hi guys,

i've notice your advice on Vuforia 2.5.8 :

"Please note that Apple has recently made changes in the iOS developer agreement prohibiting the use of permanent device-based identifiers.  Vuforia hashes the MAC address and uses this anonymized ID as a unique device identifier.  Please take this into account for any applications that you plan to commercialize on Apple’s App Store.  In response, we plan to make an updated Vuforia release without these MAC dependencies available later this summer."

Does It mean that i can't publish on App Store till a new release of Vuforia? ... or i'll be able to publish with older version 2.0.32 ?

It's very important for us to know that because we are developing apps planned to be released in late august/early september.

Thanks a lot for support.

Francesco A.

We are also being held back in publishing an app until this issue is resolved. Is there any clearer time frame as to when we will see an update other than "later this sumer"?

Hello,

We are also working on an app that uses Vuforia and we would like to know when are you planning to fix this, in order to wait or to find another AR solution.

Thanks.