2. http://i.imgur.com/Xqsn3V1.jpg

-
Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Mac OSX , Windows -
Mobile OS and Version: android 4.2.2 -
Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: LG ,Xiaomi -
Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?:

Vuforia 4.2.3 use in Unity 5 and Android bug

May 14, 2015 - 8:49pm #13

Can you elaborate on the problem you are experiencing?

May 16, 2015 - 10:22am #12

Same is me, but for me is windows platform

Vuforia 4.2.3 use in  Unity 5.0.0f4

The problem is when the camera is detect the tracking target , the screen will show the 2D images or black screen, and after will show normal camera view when lose the tracking target.

May 16, 2015 - 10:22am #11

dm3d wrote:

Can you elaborate on the problem you are experiencing?

Same is me, but for me is windows platform

Vuforia 4.2.3 use in  Unity 5.0.0f4

The problem is when the camera is detect the tracking target , the screen will show the 2D images or black screen, and after will show normal camera view when lose the tracking target.

May 18, 2015 - 10:35am #10

You may want to update to Unity 5.0.2p1 and see if the issue still exists. Unity has had a couple of feature releases and a number of patch releases since 5.0.0f4.

May 21, 2015 - 12:47pm #9

I am having the same issue.

Developing with Unity 5.0.2f1 (32-bit) for Windows and Vuforia 4.2.3 for Unity/Mobile devices.

Testing on a Nexus 5 and Transformer Tf300, Android 4.4.4.  Both devices are showing the same issue.

I have attached screenshots demonstrating the problem.

SC_1 - build working correctly

SC_2 - build NOT working correctly, normal map covers screen rather than appearing on model

The only difference between the builds was the shader on the material.  For SC_1, the shader was Mobile/Diffuse.  For SC_2, the shader was Mobile/Bumped Diffuse.

The problem appears with the following shaders (haven't tested them all, only those listed):

mobile/bumped diffuse

mobile/bumped specular

standard

legacy/bumped diffuse

legacy/bumped specular

The problem also appears with a custom shader I wrote, involving a normal map and specularity.

The problem doesn't appear with mobile/diffuse and legacy/diffuse shaders.  However, normal maps are crucial to improving the look of my low poly models.  Any help would be appreciated!

**As a side note, the problem also occurs with the Vuforia sample projects, if the material shaders are changed to anything with a normal map.

AttachmentSize
Image icon SC_1.png1.68 MB
Image icon SC_2.png1.15 MB

May 21, 2015 - 12:54pm #8

Could you make this test:

open the VideoBackground shader (this is located in Assets/Qualcomm Augmented Reality/Shaders)

replace this line:

"Queue"="geometry-11"

with this:

"Queue"="Geometry"

Re-build the project

Do you see the same result ?

May 21, 2015 - 1:09pm #7

That kind of worked.

Now the normal map will sometimes show up on the model, and sometimes cover the screen, flickering based on the movements of the device and how it is detecting the target.  I can't seem to figure out if there is a 'sweet spot' for the device to be to trigger this problem vs. avoiding it.  I have attached screen shots of the app in action.

SC_3 shows the model with the normal map correctly applied to the model.  SC_4 shows the normal map in 2d, covering the camera.  Both of these screen shots were taken from the same build, about 10 secs apart.

AttachmentSize
Image icon SC_3.png1.84 MB
Image icon SC_4.png1.15 MB

May 21, 2015 - 9:16pm #6

I am having the same issue. I've added a button to swap two models. Result is just two texture swapping on your screen.

May 21, 2015 - 11:46pm #5

@retwedt:

do you also have a UI canvas in your scene (like others reported in this thread) ? or does the normal map texture issue appears even without a UI Canvas ?

May 22, 2015 - 5:52am #4

I'm also having a similar problem. I'm downloading an assetbundle containing a prefab of a 3d model when a target is recognized. It works in the play mode as it's supposed to, but on Android it only shows the texture fullscreen like with others on this thread. I'm making the assetbundle with android target aswell so that shouldn't be the issue. I'm not using UI canvas in this project, at this time I only have the ARCamera and ImageTarget in the scene with an assetbundle loader script. I also tried to edit the VideoBackground shader as instructed in this thread with no results.

Im using Unity 5.0.2f1 and Vuforia 4.2.3.

May 22, 2015 - 6:09am #3

I have seen the issue both with and without a Canvas.

Also, it does not happen in the editor, only on android build.

May 22, 2015 - 10:18am #2

For now you can find a suggested workaround in this thread:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity-3-extension-technical-discussion/vuforia-42-unity-501-ui-issue

See the shader called "Custom/VideoBackgroundUnity5" that I posted at post #28.

We will update as soon as we have news on this.

June 10, 2015 - 3:15am #1

UPDATE on Unity 5.0.x:

Unity 5.0.3 has been released and it includes the fix to the Unity 5 UI and rendering issues with Vuforia 4.2.3.

You can download Unity 5.0.3 from:

https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

Topic locked