Hi all, I'm in a rut with this crash.
Vuforia will crash 100% of the time when using an AR Camera. In the AR project I'm developing professionally, this happens after starting things up and moving to the AR section of the app. In an empty project, this happens immediately when it is run. If (in the empty project) I don't add an AR Camera component to the scene, it will not crash and Vuforia will log to the console that it has successfully initialised. There are no Warnings in the console, and when the Editor does crash, there is no error message and the Bug Reporter does not appear. I have attached the Editor log for the empty project, it's worth noting that the second-last entry before the crash is the Start Vuforia Engine Debug.Log() entry. I have also attached the MacOS Crash Log in which the crashed thread displays a __CRASHING_DUE_TO_PRIVACY_VIOLATION__ log before aborting. I think this might be related to Camera access, but I'm not sure how to address it.
This problem only began after I got my laptop replaced and needed to reinstall the entire project and its dependencies. Never had an issue like this before.
About my Computer:
- MacBook Pro 15,1 (Released 2018, 6-Core i7 and AMD Radeon Pro 560X)
- Webcam: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in) <- The camera definitely does work outside of Unity
- OS: macOS Catalina (10.15.3)
About my Unity Install:
- Version: 2019.2.17f1
- Vuforia Version: 8.5.9 (but this issue is consistent on 8.5.7 and 8.5.10)
Things I have tried:
- Reinstalling Unity
- Reinstalling Vuforia (and different versions)
- Trying different configurations of the Graphics API Options
- Confirming my webcam is in the list of webcam options and is configured properly
- Attaching an external webcam to my computer (no difference in behaviour)
- Adding the NSCameraUsageDescription property to Unity's info.plist (didn't work because doing this breaks the code-signing and it won't run until removed)
- Confirming the Camera Usage Description in Unity's Player Settings is set to a value
If there’s any more information you need, please let me know. I’m not sure if Vuforia has more detailed logs stowed away somewhere other than Unity’s logs. Any information you can offer would be super helpful!