Overview: I am developing a Unity project for HoloLens 2 that uses Vuforia marker based tracking to track various objects. I have encountered an issue with both standard tracking and extended tracking. When I look at my image target, all tracked child objects appear and are in the correct relative positions. However, when I shift my own perspective while wearing the HoloLens, the tracked objects shift positionally to some extent when I need them to stay in the same position regardless of the perspective. For example, I turn my head to the right and the objects move to the right. There should only be movement of child objects when the actual tracked image moves. To clarify, whether the object is directly tracked, or extended tracking is employed, the child objects still change position depending on how I am looking at the tracked image.
Here is a list information that may be helpful:
- I am using the most recent versions of Unity and Vuforia
- The image target is a child of the AR Camera (I still have the issue whether or not the image is a child of the AR Camera)
- This issue can be replicated in sample projects
- I have tried AR camera with both World Center Mode as DEVICE_TRACKER and Camera
- I have read through the current forums posts regarding this issue and the general consensus seems is to use extended tracking but the issue still persists
- The image target in the Unity project is properly scaled with the real image target
- I have tried using multi targets and customizing my own targets by modifying the dataset configuration XML File
- "Track Device Pose" and "Load Object Targets On Detection" are enabled
- I am using 5 star images
Here is a link to a video someone else made regarding a similar issue: youtube.com/watch?v=E2rZs2RQWvg
Thank you for your time.