Vuforia Sample for Hololens 2- Unity 2019.41f

June 10, 2021 - 1:16am #1

Vuforia SDK Version: 9.8.8 -

Description with steps to reproduce: Respected Sir/Madam,

I am currently doing a Project which involves Vuforia sample for Hololens 2 for Unity version 2019,
which involves Image Tracking. I understand there is an Inbuilt MRTK Version 2.5.3. While developing an
Application I encountered a bug after switching from Game mode to Scene mode in Unity. I am not
able to access the Interactable Script of any Object in the Project . When I click on the Script in the Inspector Window it just
doesn't open and I get a NullReferenceException.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.UI.Editor.InteractableInspector.TryGetInputActions (System.String[]& descriptionsArray) (at Assets/MRTK/SDK/Editor/Inspectors/UX/Interactable/InteractableInspector.cs:559)
Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.UI.Editor.InteractableInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/MRTK/SDK/Editor/Inspectors/UX/Interactable/InteractableInspector.cs:82)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+c__DisplayClass58_0.b__0 () (at :0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I am not able to understand why this occurs and I have also raised a Issue in github of MRTK and I got an answer which I am not able to implement it into the Project.
https://github.com/microsoft/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/issues/9882#issuecomment-856317545 --- this is the link for your reference.

Please do help me with this issue.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,
Avinash Shanmugam

-

Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Windows -

Mobile OS and Version: Windows 10 -

Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: Microsoft Hololens -

Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?: Yes I have used the Vuforia Sample for Hololens 2 and tried Implementing in various and still I end up with the same Issue.

Vuforia Sample for Hololens 2- Unity 2019.41f

June 11, 2021 - 1:28pm #2

Hi,

today I tested the HoloLens 1+2 examples for 2019  on unity3d version 2019.4.24.f1  and HoloLens 2 device

So I created in Unity new 3d project and then loaded the HoloLens package for the 2019 version:

For the setup I following all points mentioned on the article Working with the HoloLens Sample in Unity / the example part / in the table the right column

Further I used the Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 -Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019

Version 16.4.1

So to create a build and open in studio was no issue but in Studio I did have some trouble - for example needed in the setting to start developer mode , to setup USB and  to connect first the HolLens to the Windows 10 machine in the HL developer portal (simple the the local IP of the HoloLens) and also to write the name of the HoloLens in the studio project configuration. The I needed to following some error messages and searching on Web- which took some time - 3 or 4 search queries and also checking  the Microsoft Web page

One points was  also that I  needed to check if I nstalled the Microsoft Visual Studio Unity extension. I think also in my case , Microsoft studio did update and found all components which were necessary nearly automatic.  you need in VS2019 to build and to deploy the app and then you can find it as app in the HL app panel:

------

----

Best Regards

Vuforia Engine Support