Vuforia SDK Version: 7.5 - 8.0 -
Description with steps to reproduce (Basic):
- Open Unity 2018.3 from a regular user (No install permissions). Unity should have the built-in Vuforia support (7.2.x).
- Open the Vuforia configuration window from 'Window->Vuforia Configuration.'
- Download the 7.x-8.x upgrade installer.
- Run the installer as an administrator (Using an admin account).
- Reopen Unity 2018.3, Vuforia is no longer loaded by Unity.
Testing revealed that this issue is related to the user credentials used to install the package. The following steps were used to test and ultimately install the upgrade package; though it is not a long term solution. Users A and B in the following steps do not typically have Administrator privileges due to security guidelines.
- User A logs in and launches Unity 2018.3.
- Administrator downloads and launches installer with 'Run As Admin' credentials for User A.
- User A launches Unity 2018.3 and Vuforia support is missing. User A logs out.
- Administrator logs into machine and installs the Vuforia patch. Administrator launches Unity 2018.3, Vuforia support is present. Administrator logs out.
- User A logs in and launches Unity 2018.3, Vuforia support is missing. User A logs out.
- Administrator logs in and grants User A administrator privileges. Administrator logs out.
- User A, now an admin, logs in and launches Unity 2018.3, Vuforia support is still missing.
- User A , now an admin, exits Unity and re-installs the Vuforia support package. User A then opens Unity 2018.3, Vuforia support is now available. User A logs out.
- Administrator logs in and revokes User A's administrator privileges. Administrator logs out.
- User A logs in and launches Unity 2018.3. Vuforia support is avaialble. User A logs out.
- User B logs in and launches Unity 2018.3. Vuforia support is missing.
We're unsure at this time but it seems like the issue is related to privileges required to install the application and specific files or folders created or modified by the installer for the user running the installer. Has anyone else seen similar behaviour?
Development OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux): Windows 10 -
Mobile OS and Version: - -
Mobile Device Manufacturer and Model name: - -
Do the Vuforia Sample Applications show the same behavior?: Yes.