Log in or register to post comments

Classic LicenceKey not working for iOS and android

January 19, 2016 - 7:57am #1

Hi,

 

we have a classic licence for an app, that we have deployed on android and now we want to deploy it for iOS, too, but get the error that the licence key is invalid.

 

Android app is still working. iOS- App has the same bundle-identifier and name. Versioncodes of android and iOS are different.

Any idea, what I can do to have my valid classic Licence key on iOS, too?

 

Torsten

Classic LicenceKey not working for iOS and android

January 20, 2016 - 11:48am #5

What you describe sounds like a Unity project issue. You might check the Console to see if there's any errors to further isolate when the issue occurs. Also check if there's other 3rd party Unity plugins that could cause conflicts. You might also check the Unity forums to see if others have encountered this issue.

An alternative to pasting license key into ARCamera object is to set it programmatically in an Awake() call:

VuforiaAbstractBehaviour.SetAppLicenseKey(string key);

http://developer.vuforia.com/library/resources/api/unity/class_vuforia_1_1_vuforia_abstract_behaviour

 

Classic LicenceKey not working for iOS and android

January 20, 2016 - 12:55am #4

Hi dm3d,

 

thanks for your reply.

Yes from a new project it works correctly. Also it worked with our project. But at one point, where the project went very complex, it was not possible to save changes we made in the inspector.

Project is on the way now, all good. But this morning I have checked the issue again:

Definitly I can't save changes we make in the inspector view of vuforia objects. Can't save the actual licence key. Can't save changes we make in the ImageTargets in DataSets and or TrackerImages via Inspector.

Changes in all other GameObjects we make in the Inspector saves as expected.

Last two weeks we didn't change so much in the vuforia section of our project. But if we needed to change the dataset of the markers, we was first time faced with this problem.

We deleted all ImageTargets from the Project with, added new Prefabs, set the databased saved and it worked. But next time, we tried to change and save it does not work.

We are working on more projects with vuforia - and these projects saving changes in vuforia objects as expected - but these are not so complex.

 

Best regards,

 

Torsten 

Classic LicenceKey not working for iOS and android

January 19, 2016 - 8:39pm #3

I'm not experiencing any issues with Unity 5.3.1f1 and Vuforia 5.0.10. You might try creating a new project and importing the ImageTargets 5.0.10 sample app and seeing if that works okay. From there, you can import your own dataset and verify that additional targets work.

Classic LicenceKey not working for iOS and android

January 19, 2016 - 8:29am #2

Found the problem myself and I don't know if it is a vuforia or a unity editor problem:

Working with Unity 5.3.1f1 and latest vuforia, Unity Editor is not able to save changes in inspector settings of vuforia Scripts.

So I can't save the actual licence key. The same problems with ImageTarget prefabs. I can change DataSet and Image Target, but I am not able to save the changes.

 

Workaround: Delete Vuforia Objects from project view and make them new from the prefabs. For us then it was possible to save the DataSets in the inspector (and the licence key). But next day we had the same problem, as we tried to change something in the inspector of vuforia objects.

 

Best regards,

 

Torsten

 

Log in or register to post comments