Publish educational App on Appstore. less than 1000 downloads. for free?

May 15, 2019 - 5:53am #4

Hi,

I'd like to publish a free educational app on Apple Appstore using Unity and Vuforia. 

The downloads will definitely be way less than 1000, because it would only be online for a university event which lasts three days. 

Can I do this without having to pay for a license? 

Greetings

Daniel 

May 15, 2019 - 3:49pm #3

Hello,

The standard, out-of-the-box offering of Vuforia Engine SDK in Unity allows for app deployment without a Vuforia License. This out-of-the-box offering in Unity does utilize the Ground Plane, Device Tracker and Stereo Rendering features but does not support customization features (such as custom Targets).

In order to develop in Unity and utilize the full feature set of Vuforia Engine, a Vuforia License is required. In order to deploy an app using the full feature set of Vuforia Engine, a paid license is required. Please see the license pricing page for more information.

For more information, please review our developer agreement: https://developer.vuforia.com/legal/vuforia-developer-agreement

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

May 21, 2019 - 7:15am #2

Hi thanks for the quick answer, but what does "custom Targets" mean? 

Does it mean that i cant add my own image targets to to my database to be tracked? or does "custom Target" mean something else? 

May 21, 2019 - 8:00am #1

Hello @DanielNBach,

You're interpreting my response correctly. If you *change* the Mars themed Image Targets used in the Vuforia Core samples to your own, custom Image Targets then you need to purchase a license for publishing and distributing.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support