"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Disabling DataSets (Unity 2018.4 and Vuphoria 8.8.3)

I'm trying to upgrade my project from Unity 2017 to Unity 2018 in order to have the 64 bit functionality the android build needs.  There have been a lot of changes to the way Vuphoria handles image targets that is making this extremely frustrating. I have a set of image targets that I use to align my assets for cloud recognition, because there is no way to pull the cloud targets into unity.  Before I could leave this data set unchecked and it all worked fine.  Now, vuphoria loads this data set and creates a whole bunch of 'empty' image targets when the scene loads.  This interferes with the cloud targetting. I want to turn this off entirely.  I don't want vuphoria creating image targets other than those I explicitly place. I found this thread that seems to be what I want, but the soloution isn't working; https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/model-targets/deactivate-database TrackerManager.Instance.GetTracker<ObjectTracker>() returns null if I do it on project load before the Vuphoria stuff is initialized, and if I do it after I enter the scene where I have the AR CAM set up, I get the error "Could not deactivate the dataset" (which might be because it's auto-instantiating all the targets) Please help.  I literally needed this done yesterday, as Android requires apps to be explicitly 64 bit compatible.

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't understood the entire picture. Could you please help me with the below?

- from which version did you migrated to 8.3.8?

Hi,

I researched the issue a little bit more and found below: