"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Failed to load data set in 7.2.23

Hi

I wanted to test the model Target with AR-kit so I did the following

I am using; Unity 2018.2.3f1 Vuforia 7.2.23 Model Target Generator 7-2-24

I created a new project, selected IOS as build target. Then enabled Vuforia and added an AR-cam.

I created a new development license and pasted it to the license field.

I chose TrackingMode POSITIONAL and Optimize for Model Targets and Ground Plane.

Made sure that the database was listed under the "Databases"

Added a new Model target, and my 3d object was selected and created.

Chose Guide View 2D.

When I hit play, vuforia immediately throws error "Failed to load data set xxx"

Is this a known bug? What have I done wrong?

I have checked the forum and made sure the app license was created brand new and all that but I can't even make a simple demo to work.

I can get the older versions to work, but I needed to evaluate the fusion abilities so I need to get the 7.2 vuforia to work.

Please help me!

This is very strange. The Default model target is in fact working.

Is there something that has gone wrong with my model target?? I created the model target according to the tutorials.

Hello @ChoArrim,

I understand that you cannot share the 3D model .

Would you be willing to share the Model Target Generator project file (Fixturlaser2.vup) that was used to create the dataset? This would be helpful, as well.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

Hello @ChoArrim,

I did some additional testing with your license key (I have access to it using portal admin role) in an app today and could not replicate your error.

Hi @medabit

First of, I really need to thank you for your great support! Previously when I posted on this forum, the speed and quality of the support was not that great but it seems as if you maybe have increased the number of support personnel? In any case, I really appreciate this!

xiatianjin

Mon, 10/22/2018 - 12:08

unity 2017.3.1f1  vuforia 7.0.47

in unity  use Vuforia Model Target  error  Failed to load data set "shoubing"

model :  https://developer.vuforia.com/sites/default/files/dualshock-4-for-playstation-1.snapshot.75.zip

stonezhen

Thu, 11/01/2018 - 01:29

Update your Vuforia Version,I used version 7.0.2 and unity2017.4.f1 before, and this problem occurred.When I use unity2018.2.8f1 and Vuforia 7.5.26,solved this problem.

Hello @clach,

This is likely an issue with your Vuforia license. I suggest you replace the project's existing license with a free Developer license from the Vuforia Developer Portal.

Vuforia Classic and Cloud licenses do not enable the Model Targets feature.

Thanks,

Thanks for the tip. I believe I am already doing this; I've attached a screenshot of the page where I get my license key. Any other ideas as to why this could happen?

Hello,

It could also be possible that the dataset, as generated by the Model Target Generator, is not compatible with the version of the SDK you're using. As we've improved the Model Targets feature since launch, we've unfortunately have had to break backward compatibility.

magnetica

Thu, 01/17/2019 - 20:22

In reply to by medabit

hi,

I have the same problem using unity 2018.3.0 or 2018.3.2, Vuforia 8 and the last model target generator.

I tried with an empty project and in another project with all core samples.

the Vuforia model target database loads without errors.

mine not.

magnetica

Thu, 01/17/2019 - 20:39

In reply to by magnetica

I tried also with unity 2018.2.19, vuforia 7.5.26.

it seems all dataset created with the new model target generator are corrupted, or something else..

I read some other posts talking about the .NET FP parsing problem, so I tried to reneame "." with "," in all XML.