"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Failed to load dataset in 8.0.10

hi, I have this problem using unity 2018.3.0 or 2018.3.2, Vuforia 8.0.10 and the last model target generator. I tried with an empty project and in another project with all core samples. the Vuforia model target database loads without errors. mine not. I can see the Dataset in the inspector. the license key is a developer one.  

I tried also with unity 2018.2.19, vuforia 7.5.26.

it seems all dataset created with the new model target generator are corrupted, or something else.. I read some other posts talking about the .NET FP parsing problem, so I tried to reneame "." with "," in all XML. nothing.. I'd like to try with the old target generator but it has been removed for the dev portal.

only vuforia samples are working.

hope someone can provide a running solution. thanks guys

Hello,

Sorry but I'm a bit confused by your post as there is a lot of information. Let me see if I can summarize the salient points:

magnetica

Sun, 01/20/2019 - 20:55

In reply to by medabit

hi,

I found the problem.

I was using an old development key. the same I use for demos.

that key doesn't support model tracking.

using a new key is the solution. now everything works!

thanks 

Hello,

I am still not able to get this right.

- Using Unity 2017.4.10f1

- Using the last Model Target Generator (MTG) to generate a database for a CAD file.

- successfully imported the generated unitypackage into my Unity project.

Hello @Samih,

Which version of Vuforia are you using? Unity Editor->Window->Vuforia Configuration

It is highly recommended to use the 8.0 Model Target Generator with the Vuforia Engine SDK 8.0.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

Hello There,

- Upgraded to Vuforia Engine SDK 8.0

- Using Unity 2018.2.14f1

It worked fine.

Thanks guys.