We've been experimenting with the new Vuforia Model Target Generator and the Model Target Test App.
What we've done:
- Importing an FBX with textures into the the generator is no problem.
- Setting the correct dimensions (units) and up is no problem.
- Creating a Detection Position is working, and shows an nice outline.
- Installed the APK of the test app on our device (samsung S7)
- Tested the App with the pre-installed lunar lander with 2 images (from the website, no 3d print) both work fine, stable and fast.
- Uploaded the created files on my Samsung S7 and they are found by the app.
- Selected the files and i see the outline appear.
But then nothing happens, No recognition, no feedback, nothing in Android Studio, nothing on the screen.
What's happening here? is it not registering? Is my file incorrect? why isn't it working? Any kind of feedback would be appreciated.
So we tried something else:
- Installed the newest version of Unity (2017.3.0f3)
- Installed the Vuforia plugin, and enabled it from the XR menu in unity.
- Imported the generated package from the Model Target Generator.
- Ran the scene with webcam attached (in directX11).
- Shows the 2d outline
- Nothing happens, no feedback, warning or errors.
So it could be the 3d model.
So we tried another 3d model (which the old 3d model scanner really loved, nice textures and color changes is what vuforia really likes).
What is happening here? Where is the bug? Is the generator broken?