"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Model Targets in Unity 2017.3 Vuforia 7.0.36

I'm at a loss as to why my model target is not tracking. As you can see from the image, I successfully have Vuforia 7.0.36 running. The database is correctly loaded. I have tried with several different printed 3D models. I get the same non-result when building to Android APK or Vuforia play mode via my PC webcam. I also see no console errors.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

Hello cedro,

There are a handful of actions you can take to improve the detection of you CAD model when using the Model Targets Feature:

Thank you for the suggestions.

1. I've confirmed that the physical and 3d scales match.

2. I have a detailed model as shown in the attached image.

3. This model is an airtight shell for 3d printing. No inner volume.

4. No transparent geometry.

Continuing to try and make this work.

I've rebuilt the model as a nice clean quad model. Still can't get tracking to register. 

Downloaded the "Model Targets Test App" loaded my dat and xml. this also does not work.

Hello,

Did you manage to get this working?

Nope. I've been hacking on this for 3 days. Not once have I received any tracking feedback from my compiled unity apps, Unity editor via webcam, or the model targets test app. I get no errors at all. I've tried with several different 3d printed models.

Hi Cedro,

Could you share with me some of the guide views you have tried as well as the device models you have tested this with? The screenshot you initially shared has the width at 8m, is this accurate?

Hello Strasza,

Here are a few PNG samples images created with the "data set". 

The printed castle model is 83cm tall. All of these were created with that in mind. 

Hello, 

I sent the model to Strasza a few days ago via PM. Google drive link.

I'll now send it to you also.

Thanks,

Nope. More or less abandoned until I get some feedback from the support. I see a lot of other failure reports online. 

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/vuforia-model-targets-107218

ablerex358

Fri, 01/12/2018 - 10:34

Curious, 

I got something own recognized by using .OBJ-file format in the model target generator, unfortunately something else came up to take my time now.

But hope this helps you guys... 

[quote=ablerex358]

Curious, 

I got something own recognized by using .OBJ-file format in the model target generator, unfortunately something else came up to take my time now.

[quote=ablerex358]

Curious, 

I went ahead and printed the lunar lander. Model tracking works fine with the Vuforia test app. If I try to build the same Unity scene myself, tracking fails. No errors along the way.

To be clear, The GIf was of the working "test" app not my failed Unity build. 

The "test" app does track correctly. If I try and rebuild the same app from scratch including the use of the model target generator I get no tracking and no errors along the way.

Hi,

I m using unity latest version 2017.3 and 2017.3.p2.

In both unity after applying Vuforia license key.I can't play unity .If i press Play button unity will crash.

Vuforia Unity Applications crash after applying license key

any Idea?

Attachment