"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

MT360 tracking issues

Hello Vuforia Team and Users,

I've been experiencing with Model Target for a few month and had trouble getting acceptably stable tracking with the object I have to augment. I blame the shiny metallic finish of the item and it's very symmetric and repetitive pattern. It's expected as nonoptimal for tracking so I'm not surprised by the unstable result.

However, I was pretty hyped about the new Model target 360 training but I'm having worst results with this new tech than what I was having with the normal trained Model target.

My item is almost never recognized and when it is, the 3D object witch is supposed to appear is totally off-centered and not scale properly.

I'm using the same CAD to create the Model Target 360 than when I was using the standard Trained Model Target.

Is there any recommandation or specific guidelines to the new MT360?

Thanks.

Hello,

Any chance that you could share an image of the object? The team would like to investigate further.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support