"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

MT360 view angle restrictions?

Hello,

I would like to figure out if the MT360 still have limitations for which angles the viewer is looking from.

In the Generator application, we see a green circle, and a red pitch indicator, but no roll indicator (we did see that in the Early Access version). It also seems to us that the object recognition works mostly (maybe even only) when we hold the device at a certain roll angle corresponding with the up-vector the virtual model had when trained.

My question: Does MT360 have limitations on the possible yaw/pitch/roll angles at which objects can be recognized? Especially roll seems an issue.

And if so, is there anything I can do to increase my chances of recognizing an object? Ideally, we would like to recognize objects from any angle, including roll.

Thank :)

Hi,

On high-level MT works on recognizing certain features in your model. If the model is not feature rich, as seen, from a certain direction than it might be that it will not work as expected.

njessenberg

Fri, 08/30/2019 - 12:25

In reply to by mcotora

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to share the objects we are trying to recognize, so I will try to create a "fake" object. I want to try creating a similar looking object this weekend and see how it behaves. And I can provide the model and pictures and everything if that works :)

Hi, 

With the latest 8.6 MTG we introduced the roll option under Target Recognition Range.

Hope this will help with your model. 

Thank you. 

Vuforia Engine Support