Multiple Advanced 360 Databases

August 16, 2019 - 11:17am #1

Hi,

I'm creating an Android app using Advanced 360 model targets. The first model target I add to the scene is recognized fine, however, adding a second Advanced 360 model target causes the first one to not be detected.

Is this configuration possible, or are Advanced 360 databases limited to one per application?

Thanks.

August 23, 2019 - 1:13am #8

Hi @mattwrag,

Looking at my post I wanted to add some clarifications. Vuforia does not offer the functionality out of the box for MT Advanced 360 to store several models/targets in a database, as we do for MT Advanced. However you can still manage several MT Advanced 360 databases in a scene with scripts and UX pointers, in a way that the app-user loads the correct database.

Hope it helps.

Vuforia Engine Support.

August 21, 2019 - 12:33am #7

Hi

Currently the SDK allows only for 1 ModelTarget database to be active at a given time. If you have several ModelTargets Advanced 360 databases in a scene only 1 will be picked up and only 1 target will be identified. With the current capabilities of the MT Advanced 360 you are not able to fill your requirements.

As an alternative mentioned by medabit you can use the MT Advanced feature in which you can store several models/targets in a database.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

August 20, 2019 - 8:04am #6

Hi,

Any updates on this?

Thanks

August 16, 2019 - 1:38pm #5

Hi,

I only want to use 360 model targets, but I want to be able to have multiple 360 model targets as part of my scene (they don't have to be detected at the same time). Is there a way of doing this?

Apologies if you already answered this in your previous reply, I'm still new to model targets.

Thanks.

August 16, 2019 - 1:11pm #4

Hello,

Are you talking about mixing and matching Advanced Model Targets with 360 Model Targets? If so, I don't believe you can combine the two. You either have to author a Model Target that uses Advanced Model Targets to create multiple guide views (via Model Target Generator), or you create a Model Target with 360 detection.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

August 16, 2019 - 12:23pm #3

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I've tried creating an Advanced Recognition database that allows for multiple targets, but it won't let me add targets with 360 guide views. Am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks.

August 16, 2019 - 11:57am #2

Hello,

The current version of the Vuforia Engine SDK will only allow for a single (1) Model Target device database to be active at any given time. Thus, likely what is happening is that when you activate the second device database, the first is deactivated by the SDK.

The only way to have multiple Model Targets in a single device database is to use Model Targets Advanced Recognition: https://library.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-library/en/articles/Solution/trained-model-target-datasets.html. The workflow still allows you to set the detection volume so you can still configure for 360 detection of each target - this is done for you implicitly by the MTG when you created a 360 Model Target.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support