We are pleased to announce the release of Vuforia SDK 2.0 for Android and iOS.
The Vuforia SDK 2.0, from Qualcomm's Austria Research Center GmbH, platform leverages the power of the cloud and delivers enhanced features and toolsets that enable the creation of richer, more relevant and more engaging AR experiences.
This 2.0 commercial release includes the following features:
- Cloud Recognition - image recognition against databases containing over one million images
- User-defined Targets - empowers users to define their own image targets to launch the app experience using everyday images
- Support for Play Mode in Unity – enables developers to code, test and debug in real time using a webcam to simulate the AR experience
- Support for using the front camera
- Support for multiple active device databases
- Improved tracking robustness
- Combined iOS and Android plugins in the Vuforia Extension for Unity
Vuforia SDK 2.0 and the Unity Extension are now available for download at: https://vws-status.vuforia.com/resources/sdk/