Hello developers! The Vuforia team is excited to announce the release of Vuforia Engine version 10. This newest update introduces a brand-new API for faster and easier development, reduces the size and upload time of Model Targets with new compression technology, improves tracking for several of our leading target types, and more. Please be sure to check out the release notes for complete details.
Before You Update!
Please carefully review the version 10 migration guide. Since there are many significant changes to the API, you will need to update the code in your apps for them to function properly.
- New Vuforia Engine API: This modernized API enables developers to create the same applications faster and more efficiently with fewer lines of code.
- Enhanced Compression Technology: New compression technology will greatly reduce the upload times for Model Targets by up to 80% and the dataset size by 50%. This will result in a smaller application footprint and provide users with a faster, better performing application.
- Automatic Simplification for All Users: We’re now offering our automatic Model Target simplification to all license holders! This simplification happens in the cloud and doesn’t require any additional effort from developers.
- Improved Tracking: We continue to improve our tracking algorithms to respond to the ever-evolving hardware and platform needs of our developers. Targets will now snap faster and track more robustly in greater variety of conditions.
- Simplified Installation for Unity Extension: In response to feedback, we’ve streamlined the process of installing the Unity Extension by delivering it as a .unitypackage.
If you have questions about this release or other Vuforia Engine features, feel free to post on our community forums. Have an AR experience you’d like to share with us? Please send any videos of your Vuforia Engine application to email@example.com.