The Vuforia Engine team is happy to announce our newest version. Below are the key updates in this release, please be sure to check out the release notes for the full list.
- VFX Library for Vuforia Engine: Our new VFX library offers developers pre-made visual effects to use in their AR applications! Check them out in the Unity Asset Store.
- Area Targets Update: Combining multiple smaller Area Targets covering a larger space is now simpler as you can activate multiple targets at once. Vuforia Engine loads the necessary data at run-time, similar to how large Area Targets have been supported.
- Area Target Capture API public beta: This new beta API integrates the capture of Area Targets into your applications to share or to use them instantly. To request participation in the beta, please email us at email@example.com. You can find the beta documentation here.
- Deprecation notice:
- Support for HoloLens 1 is deprecated in Vuforia Engine 10.3 and will no longer be a supported device when version 10.4 is released. We will continue to support HoloLens 2.
- Vuforia Engine 9.8 will no longer be supported after February 2022. We recommend upgrading to the newest version of the SDK to experience the latest performance improvements and hardware support.
If you have questions about this release or other Vuforia Engine features, feel free to post on our community forums. Have an AR experience you’d like to share with us? Please send any videos of your Vuforia Engine application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vuforia Engine Team