The Vuforia Engine team is happy to announce that version 9.6 is now live! We’ve made some quality of life improvements to our Model Targets development process and have added support for the new Iphone 12 for scanning Area Targets. Below are the key updates in this release, please be sure to check out the release notes for the full list.
- When creating a close-up guide view with Advanced Model Targets the Model Target Generator will now automatically calculate a suitable target extent for optimal detection.
- Detection of Standard Model Targets has been enhanced to include a wider range of positions around the defined guide view for snapping to the model.
Vuforia Area Target Creator App
- Developers can now create Area Targets quickly and easily on the new iPhone Pro 12!
- The amount of scanning time supported in the application has been increased to 5 minutes to help developers capture larger spaces and include more details.
Unite Now 2020 Session:
- Check out our Unite Now 2020 session on the value of spatial AR and how to create a Vuforia Engine Area Target! Watch here.
If you have questions about this release or other Vuforia Engine features, feel free to post on our community forums. Have an AR experience you’d like to share with us? Please send any videos of your Vuforia Engine application to email@example.com.
Vuforia Engine Team