New year, new version of Vuforia Engine. The team is excited to announce enhancements to our Model Target Generator, new scanner support for Area Targets, and updated functionality in the Area Target Creator application. Below are the key updates in this release, please be sure to check out the release notes for the full list.
- Model Target Simplification: We’ve added a new model simplification process in the Vuforia Model Target Generator. This feature will simplify a 3D model in our secure Vuforia cloud by reducing the polygon count and number of parts to the optimal size for tracking a Model Target with your devices. (This feature can only be accessed with a paid ADVANCED TARGET ADD-ON for the Pro license.)
- The Area Target Generator now supports scans from:
- NavVis M6 and VLX mobile mapping systems.
- Leica BLK360 and RTC360 3D reality capture solution. (Beta only)
- Area Target Creator App (iOS only): Updated functionality within the application that allows users to delete Area Target datasets or share them with other users.
- Documentation update: Based on community feedback our team has created in-depth documentation around how to use NavMeshes for navigating users through your Vuforia AR app and best practices for combining multiple Area Targets together to create a large Area Target.
If you have questions about this release or other Vuforia Engine features, feel free to post on our community forums. Have an AR experience you’d like to share with us? Please send any videos of your Vuforia Engine application to email@example.com.
Vuforia Engine Team