"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

360 Model Targets Guide View Issue

Does the orientation have any kind of consideration when tracking an object?  I have mixed results so I'm not sure if the effort I'm taking when creating the guide view is worth it.  In the screen shots I'm including you can see the guide view I used to create the database for 360 recognition.  I have an object positioned with its most probable orientation when generating the model target.  As you can see in the screen shot the grid is above the object meaning it has been flipped upside down in the generator.

When I try to identify the object in Unity the expected orientation yields no sort of positive recognition.  However, when I flip the object over the object is rather quickly identified.  Does this mean I need to orient the object outside of MTG and the 360 Guide View doesn't really have any kind of impact?  Is it a little bit of both?  Am I missing something entirely?  Also, when we are trying to track something along 360 degrees, is that limited to the objects Up vector?  If we change the Up vector in the model attributes will that have an impact on the objects tracked vector or is it limited to how the object will rotate in the Guide view?

Thanks,

-- Abstract

Image removed.

Image removed.

Image removed.

BEFaughnan

Wed, 07/10/2019 - 14:47

Another image to help shine some light on the situation.  I set the Guide View how I expected the object to be oriented but when you look at the Target Recognition Range the object is back to it's default orientation with no means to re-orient the object.  I suppose that means we curren