we are using the technology of you to develop a large project facing the Olympics in Brazil, it is a model of olympic park, use the Vuforia scanner to make the model one target, achieved with the materila developed in unity to appear on the scene, however the tracking is bad, the objects are in the scene and shaking all the time asks the marker.
the result of Vuforia scanner was a marker with more than 1,000 points.
What can we do to improve the performance of the marker with object tracking?
There are many factors that can affect the tracking performance of a Object Target, both during the scanning process and when running an app. Most issues with Object Targets can be traced to the creation of the .od file using the Vuforia Object Scanner.
- When creating the .od file, was the model scanned in an environment that was free of background details which may have introduced features that were not part of the model? Scanning in 'cluttered' environments can introduce false detection/tracking points.
- When creating the .od file, was there any specular reflections on the model introduced by environmental lighting? Scanning objects that have reflective surfaces under direct lighting can introduces areas with no detection/tracking points.
In our labs, we utilize three primary strategies for creating an optimal Object Target scanning environment:
- All background surfaces are colored at 18% gray. An easy, off-the-shelf solution is to buy bed sheets near this color and drape everything in the environment that could be seen by the scanning device's camera.
- No direct lighting. We use light boxes and/or diffusers to eliminate direct lighting upon the object and minimize any spectral reflections.
- Utilize a 360 turntable to re-orient the device. This is especially helpful when you've set your environment to near ideal conditions within a limited area. You can spin the model and scan in 360 degrees without having to move around it.
These are my best recommendations at this time based upon experience. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Thanks for your help.
I am attaching the video regarding the application cited with the use of object tracking.
Really a lot of the items that you mentioned, such as the background in gray, was not used.
I have one more question, there is a size limit for the object to be scanned?
The tracking performance of your app is quite good. Nice work.
I'm not aware of any size limitations imposed by the Vuforia SDK or portal when creating, uploading or downloading data for Object Targets. The only possible limitation for scan size that I would consider would be platform related. In other words, if the scan data for dataset is too large for the heap space provided to the app such that it cannot be loaded into memory.
Are you sure you want to delete this message?
Are you sure you want to delete this conversation?