Log in or register to post comments

Vuforia and Object Recognition questions

December 11, 2017 - 12:45pm #1

Hello Everyone,

We are looking into developing software using vuforia services  and I was hoping I could ask a few questions.

 

1.  A lot of our clients are military based and so security is a #1 concern, so we were wondering if it is possible to have  an database(object, image etc) that is local and not web based.  We don't always have internet access so have a database locally greatly helps us and puts our customers security concerns at easy.





2. While looking it seems that the Object Recognition initial scan only works on the Galaxy (and possibly other android), is that correct?   If so does anyone know if there are plans to make the app on IOS or Windows Platforms.

3.  I want watched several videos and it seems people load object into the database with the object itself and a print out.  My question is does the object recognition only work with items and that card or could it work with bigger objects. (example like a filing cabinet).





Any answers, tips or information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.



Edit:  1.  Upon inspection of the target manager and it databases, when a database is created it gives an option for device.  does that mean the database is store somewhere on the computer or is it on vuforia systems?  If it is created and stored locally can someone direct me to the proper location for these databases.

 

Vuforia and Object Recognition questions

December 12, 2017 - 10:39am #2

Hello AvionVrImmersion,

AvionVrImmersion wrote:

1.  A lot of our clients are military based and so security is a #1 concern, so we were wondering if it is possible to have  an database(object, image etc) that is local and not web based.  We don't always have internet access so have a database locally greatly helps us and puts our customers security concerns at easy.

Edit:  1.  Upon inspection of the target manager and it databases, when a database is created it gives an option for device.  does that mean the database is store somewhere on the computer or is it on vuforia systems?  If it is created and stored locally can someone direct me to the proper location for these databases.


The device databases are stored within the app and do not require an internet connection to function. Once you've installed the app that contains the device database, you can detect any targets contained within that database.

AvionVrImmersion wrote:

2. While looking it seems that the Object Recognition initial scan only works on the Galaxy (and possibly other android), is that correct?   If so does anyone know if there are plans to make the app on IOS or Windows Platforms.

The scanner app will only work on the specified Galaxy devices (S6 and S7), but the feature itself will function on all Vuforia supported devices.

AvionVrImmersion wrote:

3.  I want watched several videos and it seems people load object into the database with the object itself and a print out.  My question is does the object recognition only work with items and that card or could it work with bigger objects. (example like a filing cabinet).

It can work on larger objects, but you would need to print out a larger version of the card that the scanner app requires. For larger targets, as well as more complex targets, it might be worth investigating our Model Targets feature which is coming in Vuforia 7. This feature will use CAD model data to detect targets. It is currently available in our Early Access Program. You can learn more about Model Targets and EAP at the following link: http://info.vuforia.com/modeltargets

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

Log in or register to post comments