I have been looking at the samples and I noticed Vurforia send a callback to apps to perform the rendering. We actually would like to integrate Vuforia into our existing engine in the reverse manner. Instead of vuforia having the control over rendering, we want our engine to manage rendering and tell vuforia when its the right time to render camera image into a buffer or render target. Basically this should be our engine loop
1. Perform updates on the engine
2. Tell vuforia to render the camera image into a target (render target)
3. Ask vuforia to perform AR logic and retreive results
4. Reset OpenGL device states (changed by vuforia render logic)
5. Perform post updates on the engine
5. Render whole scene including the camera render target rendered created earlier by vuforia
We are quite in a rush to complete a project and we would appreciate if someone can guide us on how do supress vuforia automic rendering (and its callback) and take control of all rendering operations?
BTW we are still using the older version of vuforia and for internal reasons we don't want to upgrade to the new version yet.