vuforia 4.2.3 image-target jitters

July 9, 2015 - 7:32am #1

Hi,

I am using vuforia for past two years.This is the first time i see jittering in the imagetarget sample.

Reproduce - scale the tea pot to double or triple the size of the stones image target.

A year back i faced this problem and ive adjust the cameras nearclip plane to 1 and the jittering has stopped.i dont know whats causing this issue now.In all my projects the 3D model will be bigger than the image target.I hope the jittering issue has been already covered  in this forum.I hope someone helps to resolve this issue in the latest version of vuforia.

Vuforia 4.2.3

Unity 5.1.1

IMAC

Xcode 6.3.2

July 28, 2015 - 7:14am #6

There is no specific threashold value to be set for ET;

when you use Extended tracking, if you move your device a bit away from the target so to look at the surrounding environment, this would allow Vuforia to track a wider environment area around the target, which may result in a more stable pose when you are looking at the target; hwever this works under the assumption that your room contains enough details (e.g. if you test in a "white" room with no details, this would likely not work), and also under the assumption that your testing environment is sufficiently well-lit (not dark).   Otherwise you may not see much benefit from it.

July 28, 2015 - 6:29am #5

Alessandro,

I could see the teapot still jitters even with extended tracking.IS there any thresold value i could adjust ?

for you to try... i have scaled(0.02f for all three x,y and z) the teapot from imageTargetStones .

Thanks

July 15, 2015 - 5:52am #4

For scenarios like this (augmentation significantly larger than the printed target), you may want to try and enable Extended Tracking on the Target;

this usually results in a more stable pose as you move the device around (i.e. it might be slightly jittery for the first few seconds and then the pose should gradually become more stable). This will also allows your device camera to keep tracking of your target even when it is not fully visible in your camera view.

July 15, 2015 - 4:55am #3

Hi,

thanks for the reply!

so u mean ,there is no way that we could handle huge augmented objects ? how do we suppose to handle huge house models when mapped against a A4 sheet blueprint target.Please lemme know ur thoughts ?

July 14, 2015 - 1:27pm #2

If you scale the teapot larger than the target, then the geometry will be closer to the camera and normal tracking movement that might appear subtle at a distance are more easily observed because the augmentation geometry reaches much closer to the camera, while the origin of its movement is dictated by a target that is being tracked farther away.