Topic locked

Camera view is stretched and rotation by 90 deg. on Unity 4.5.1 and Vuforia 3.0.5

June 18, 2014 - 11:37pm #1

I updated Unity to 4.5.1 and according to Unity 4.5.1 Known Issues for iOS: 4.5.1 needs Vuforia plug-in to be upgraded to very latest version. I downloaded Vuforia 3.0.5 and when I tested the samples (from VuforiaSamples3-0-6.zip) on iOS, camera view is stretched and rotated by 90 degrees to the left. I attached a screenshot to show this problem. According to Vuforia 3.0.5 Release Notes: The minimum supported Unity version is 4.3. I'm just wondering what is the recommended Unity version that works for Vuforia 3.0.5? I'm not sure if this is an isolated issue since I've searched the forums and haven't found a post similar to this issue. 

AttachmentSize
Image icon IMG_0064.PNG577.83 KB

Camera view is stretched and rotation by 90 deg. on Unity 4.5.1

June 25, 2014 - 5:48am #4

UPDATE:

An updated release of the Vuforia Unity Extension (version 3.0.6 and related samples 3.0.7) with the fix for this issue has been released yesterday:

https://developer.vuforia.com/resources/sdk/unity

https://developer.vuforia.com/resources/sample-apps/features

June 20, 2014 - 12:07am #3

Thank you! Works okay now. 

Joanna

June 19, 2014 - 2:30am #2

This is a known issue due to a change in the way that XCode projects are generated from Unity 4.5.0 to Unity 4.5.1.

This will be addressed in a future Vuforia release that should hopefully come out very soon.

In the meantime, you might try this workaround by amending the layoutSubViews method in the UnityView.mm file (within the XCode project) as shown below, by adding the line in bold.

HTH

N

- (void)layoutSubviews

{

if(_surfaceSize.width != self.bounds.size.width || _surfaceSize.height != self.bounds.size.height)

_recreateView = YES;

[self onUpdateSurfaceSize:self.bounds.size];

// add the line below

QCARUnityPlayer::getInstance().QCARSetOrientation(_curOrientation);

[super layoutSubviews];

}

Topic locked