I need to support the widest amount of devices possible even armv7.
For this I am trying to mix Vuforia + ARFoundation, Vuforia for simple Image Target and ARFoundation to use AROrigin+ARSession and to supply ARCore dependencies for Vuforia Ground Plane
3 main features required:
- Vuforia simple Image Tracking without Extended Tracking, this must works on all devices, even armv7
- Vuforia Ground Plane Tracking, this may work only on armv8
- ARFoundation AROrigin/ARSession to place floating AR Objects, this may work only on armv8
The only feature that must work on armv7 is the Image Target because I don't want to lose current app installations on these devices, the problem is that I need to add new features like Ground Plane for some new Scenes and experiences, but when I add the PlaneFinder, Vuforia despite that ARFoundation is present with ARCore Plugin, includes a custom ARCore Library that does not allow compilation for armv7.
As this image shows, after adding ARFoundation, there is no longer an option to decide if the ARCore Library is included or not, because this functionality is overridden buy XRPluginManager, so how can we tell Vuforia that does not include that ARCore library because this dependency is fulfilled by ARFoundation already? and armv7 compilation can be performed?:
The app is going to handle Device compatibility allowing to use scenes that require ARCore compatibility when its present, and filtering only the scenes that doesn't require ARCore to the devices that doesn't support ARCore that are a huge amount of armv7 devices.
- Need to compile both armv7/armv8
- Need to work Vuforia simple Image Tracking on all devides
- Allow to work Ground Plane Scenes only on supported devices.
How can achieve that with Vuforia + ARFoundation combination?