2.8.7 Namespace conflict with NGUI

December 18, 2013 - 8:43am #1

I'm using the newest package of Vuforia for Unity and I'm trying to use it alongside NGUI. The problem is NGUI already has a UIButton, UIRect, and UILabel class which is conflicting with the new Vuforia UI Scripts. What's the easiest way to get rid of Vuforia's GUI scripts without breaking everything?

April 17, 2014 - 6:55am #17

yes,

or you can just get rid of the sample UI stuff completely and create your own project with the Vuforia prefabs (not the samples); for example, a simple Imge target project can be setup by starting with a fresh new project and:

- drag ARCamera prefab into your scene

- remove MainCamera

- drag an Image Target prefab into the scene

- import Datasets, configure ARCamera and targets

- add augmention object to each Image target

etc.

see the developer guide for details about using Vuforia in Unity.

April 17, 2014 - 6:24am #16

So for the time being, we can rename (refactor) the conflicting classes name in vuforia library and use it. right?

April 17, 2014 - 4:22am #15

The Vuforia samples in the next release will include a fix for the UI naming conflict; however, the exact date of the next release is still not available. 

In the meantime, the workarounds suggested in this thread can be used.

April 17, 2014 - 4:11am #14

Is there any solution to this problem yet or not???

April 2, 2014 - 4:10am #13

If you need to keep the scripts in, when the three namespace errors pop up in unity open the first script in Mono and right click on the name, i.e. UIButton and find all references and go through each script ending. then saving scripts. 

Then backup and use for further projects so you don't have to go through the process again. Short term fix. 

Agree though, the scripts can be taken out and project can be built up manually.

April 2, 2014 - 2:56am #12

+1 

Or even better, why not take out the UI stuff all together? Seems those elements are causing the trouble, while (as mentioned before) NGUI is pretty much becoming the standard for UIs. 

Or maybe post a way to disable/strip down the SceneManager/AppManager to just detect inputs?  

I do have a project which contains a previous example of the video texture, without the UI hoopla (just PlaybackBehaviour and Controller), which worked fine. 

March 11, 2014 - 4:42am #11

Same here. This issue is causing a lot of extra script editing, trial and error in some cases. The bug in previous versions of Vuforia for Android platforms means that the latest version of Vuforia is the only version available to use, unless there's access to a previous and stable version. Using the most up to date SDK and NGUI is a nightmare. 

March 10, 2014 - 1:40am #10

Is there an update for this namespace conflict? NGUI is basically the standard GUI plugin for Unity now... It would be really nice to have a fix. 

January 17, 2014 - 6:07am #9

We are addressing this issue, yes, but I don't have any official dates for when the new samples may be released, at the moment.

January 17, 2014 - 6:02am #8

Hi, 

Has there been any developments regarding this issue?

Noted that on the Playmaker forum one of the developers will be looking at a solution to a connected issue.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=5817.msg28943#msg28943

Thanks

January 10, 2014 - 12:06pm #7

Did you resolve the file name changes by editing the Vuforia native files or NGUI?

I've tried following your instructions but still having the same issue as you discribed.

Any help would be most appreciated. 

December 19, 2013 - 2:52am #6

Thanks for the report and for your suggestion; we will take this into consideration for a future update of the samples.

December 18, 2013 - 10:36am #5

UIButton, UILabel, UIRect. It would be best if all of the UI classes had their own Namesapce or were prefixed with something, like "vf_"

Adam

December 18, 2013 - 10:33am #4

Can you post the list of conficting references from your Unity console?

December 18, 2013 - 10:06am #3

Same here, i had to change vuforia UIBUTTON and UILABEL class name to UIBUTTONQ and UILABEL Q and fix inside the script. It works now.

But would be great to have this fixed by Vuforia in a proper way, NGUI is basically the most used gui system in unity. 

December 18, 2013 - 9:05am #2

Please fix this. NGUI is a veyr popular UI solution, and you have chosen naming conventions which conflict with NGUI's. Anyone who updates to the latest Vuforia will get stung with loads of errors, which are a nightmare to fix. Please fix this ASAP and release a new build.