Is the 3.0.9 Vuforia camera feed more zoomed in then the 2.8.7 camera feed?

October 30, 2014 - 5:40am #1

Simple question for once, is the 3.0.9 Vuforia camera feed more zoomed in then the 2.8.7 camera feed?  I've noticed all my recently made Vuforia Unity project's have the camera zoomed in, subsequently forcing the user to stand further back from the target to see the whole thing, whilst a project I made ages ago using Vuforia 2.8.7 doesn't have this issue.  

Is this a bug or a feature?   And is it unique to me or are other people experiencing it?

It doesn't appear to be happening via the webcam, but does occur on the iPad3 (Retina Display) i'm deploying too.  I am using camera mode: MODE_OPTIMIZE_QUALITY, incase that's relivent. 

Is the 3.0.9 Vuforia camera feed more zoomed in then the 2.8.7 c

October 30, 2014 - 8:02am #4

This behavior has something to do with the HD camera image. See the link for the full explanation:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity-3-extension-technical-discussion/image-distortion-modeoptimizequality

October 30, 2014 - 7:54am #3
That did the trick, thanks wurzelmediengruppe!

Interestingly even MODE_DEFAULT has the same issue MODE_OPTIMIZE_QUALITY has.  I can't imagine vuforia considers being zoomed in a mark of better quality so i'm assuming this is a bug.

October 30, 2014 - 5:55am #2

Try switching to MODE_OPTIMIZE_SPEED.