Hello, i've searched everywhere for a simple direct tutorial on this without success. Basically i wan't to build an app that recognizes an image and shows a 3d model...
I've done it with image target with device database but can't seem to find noob information on doing it with cloud recognition. I want a few image targets on the database, each with it's own 3d model to augment. My main difficulties are:
- What do i put in the metadata? just a .txt with a link pointing to a server with an .obj? what type (and best) of file should i use? .obj, .3ds, .dae, .unity3d
- after image/cloud reco i want for example a dragon flying arround, on another i want something completelly different, so i need to, for every target, to have a unity scene that i need uploaded, right? how do i do this?
- does unity or vuforia have the ability to cache the downladed scenes on device for faster display next time? does the unity loadFromCacheOrDownload does that?
- what is the size recomendation for a model/scene to be downloaded when target recognized?
- is it possible to have an app that works with AR and on demand switch to Google Cardboard AR/VR?
For now i guess these are my doubts. Thanks in advance for any help.