I am running the latest Vuforia downloaded today and the Latest version of Unity on Mac.
I have also got a Image marker working in unity with a random model I imported form blender. So I know Vuforia + Unity + Xcode works fine.
This is likely a problem with how I implemented the sample as I am relatively new to Unity.
The problem I am having is when I run on iOS I get the errors:
NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
at PoseController.RotateToLookAtCamera () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PoseController.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)
Here are the steps that I followed to build the sample.
1. I downloaded the "FindThePenguin-6-1-17.unitypackage" from the samples download "vuforia-samples-practices-unity-6-1-17"
2. I then created a new 3D project with analytics in Unity called FindPenguin
3. I went to the menu item: Assets -> Import Package -> Custom Package
4. From the finder window I selected the "FindThePenguin-6-1-17.unitypackage"
5. Using the project navigator I went to: Assets-> Scenes
6. I draged all three scenes from that folder to the Hierarchy window insuring the order was 0 to 2
7. I went to menu : File -> Build Settings
8. Pushed the Add open scenes button also made sure the order was correct 0 to 2
9. Hit Build
10. added my signing credentials to the new Xcode project
11. Compiled onto device running iOS 10.
1. the Splash scene displays as expected
2. the Loading screen appears as expected and asks to access the camera that I grant
3. the AR scene loads with the text as expected but no camera view just a black screen and the above mentioned run time error
If any one has any ideas as to what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.