Can't find anything on the dev pages explaining the migration process from V5 to V6.
Can anybody offer up any advice/tips?
i'm surprised but you can only import the 6.x asset into your 5.x Projekt. Don't start your Projekt after import and Start Unity new. That's all.
I have testet with Image Targets Sample and MultiTarget Sample.
Windows 10 - Unity 5.3-5f1 (32Bit)
I spoke too soon. There's more. My previous steps work for Android...but today I began testing iOS and couldn't build. There are some leftover files in the plugins folder. Kind of a lot.
If you're like me...you're using a number of other plugins so you can't just delete the whole folder without elevating your blood pressure.
The best way I've found is to create a fresh project, install 6.x...and go file by file with your other project...deleting things from the actual project, that are clearly related to Vuforia, but not present in the 6.x installation.
I had the same surprise when upgrading...no mention of how to do migration. Turns out it's really simple this time. Here's the steps I made for myself and followed...
- Create a new scene...just so that whatever issues this surgery creates aren't immediately acted upon by objects in your working scene. I don't know if this really helps, but is an old habit from early Unity days.
- While in that blank and new scene, delete the vuforia folder. If you don't do this, then later, you will find there are some conflicts with old files that didn't get deleted.
- If Android is one of your platforms of interest, then make a backup of your manifest.
- Install the new vuforia package
- Check for differences between the new manifest and your original one. If you have lots of plugins, you'll need to fix it up. If you're just using vuforia, they will be identical (no changes here from 5 to 6). If you're not building to Android, then ignore this step.
The migration you were expecting to find...for example 3 to 4 or 4 to 5...none of that this time. Basically just safely deleting the old folder and dropping the new one in.
Are you sure you want to delete this message?
Are you sure you want to delete this conversation?