MultiImageTargets and occlusion in 2010?

November 26, 2010 - 1:03pm #1

I tried for the last few days to get MultiImageTargets to work in Unity to no avail. Is there any way to do it now and if not, will it be possible before the end of December? The same goes for occlusion, will it be ready before 2011, or should we forget about these features, if we want to take part in the dev challenge with Unity?

Re: MultiImageTargets and occlusion in 2010?

November 27, 2010 - 10:58pm #3

I mean the virtual buttons, that you occlude to fire.
Without MultiImageTargets my game is essentialy crippled, it is a unique design for the challenge, that is completely based around that principle. I hope you implement it before the last week of the dev challenge, I'll continue building it with a single target, but I'll be at a serious disadvantage if it won't be released in time.

I tried to fake it by having 6 targets load the same model 6 times, since that already works, I just need it to pass the LocRocPos between them.

Anyway, thanks for your answer, at least now I know that I shouldn't try any further at the moment and come back to do controls later.

Re: MultiImageTargets and occlusion in 2010?

November 27, 2010 - 4:39pm #2

MultiImage targets are not currently supported by the Unity extension. The plan is to bring the features of the extension in line with those of the base sdk, but I don't have a timeline for this feature yet. It's at least a few weeks out though.

I'm not sure what you mean by occlusion, could you explain further?

- Kim