MultiTarget crashing on 1.5.9 and up....

October 29, 2012 - 5:00pm #1

Ahoy, I was attempting to retrofix the iOS6 issue of a project when i started noticing some pretty bad issues with the MultiTarget system. The issues happens when a rectangular, MultiTarget is rotated in AR mode on my iPad 2 & 3. Oddly, the crash does not occur when moving the MultiTarget out of view from the camera, but only when rotated in the camera's view. The only errors or traces i see in xCode is some pretty nasty Thread errors that involve the QCAR VideoQue.

Here's how i can re-create the crash:

- New project (Unity3D 3.5.6 iOS / Android pro)

- Import Vuforia 1.5.9

- In "My Trackables" online, create MultiTarget that is Wide: 1.5, Height: 1, and Length: 2

- Upload images and then download the data / load it into Unity project

- Add cube to target, Run on iOS6 xCode

- rotate your cube, crash should occur the the camera goes from tracking one side to another.

Has anyone else seen or heard about this issue?

Thanks mates,

CapnJ

November 2, 2012 - 7:53pm #4

Yes we've had other reports of problems w/ MTs that use blank faces. Best practices in this case is to simply not define a child target face for those faces you wish not to detect. 

October 31, 2012 - 7:42am #3

Hi 

I managed to take a look at this and it seems that one of your Image Targets in the Multi-Target is blank (the one at the bottom).

Although this should not cause a crash, it may well do.

Could you please retry with no blank images (featureless targets) and let me know how you get on?

thanks

N

October 30, 2012 - 3:56am #2

Hi CapnJ

Please can you PM me with a link to your project so I can take a look?

thanks

N