Right now if I make a basic AR scene in Unity (ARCamera, ImageTarget, Cube and a script which output FPS every 100 frames) I get the following performance (on NexusOne, Android 2.1):
1) 20-26 FPS (when CameraDeviceMode=OptimizeSpeed)
2) 17-21 FPS (when CameraDeviceMode=OptimizeQuality)
1) Is it expected performance?
2) What does this CameraDeviceMode do: does it optimize detection or camera feed? I couldn't notice any difference, except that I get less FPS with OptimizeQuality.
3) What impact "multi frame enabled" has? It seems to drop FPS by a couple, but I couldn't see a big impact for detection quality. Are there special conditions when it would be more noticeable?
4) Which phone has best performance when running QCAR?
5) If I wouldn't use Unity extension and would use QCAR SDK directly, would I get much better performance? If so how much?
I'm using MaxSimultaneousTargets=1.