Log in or register to post comments

Replacing trackable doesn't work properly

May 20, 2011 - 12:16am #1

Hi,

I noticed that there are some problems replacing image target. I mean:
1) Create trackable and use it in Unity scene
2) Create another trackable and import new package (with single trackable) in Unity scene
3) Make sure scene uses new trackable
4) Build -> Result: AR doesn't work. I can see an exception that my new trackable couldn't not be found.

I noticed that config.xml contains both new and old trackable. Removing old trackable from config.xml fixes the problem.

Re: Replacing trackable doesn't work properly

January 26, 2012 - 9:27pm #6

This problem should be resolved in QCAR 1.5, which is currently in beta (available here).

- Kim

Re: Replacing trackable doesn't work properly

January 26, 2012 - 9:32am #5

Hey Kim-
Is there a road-mapped solution to this, or are we still to use the manual workaround of editing config.xml?

Re: Replacing trackable doesn't work properly

May 20, 2011 - 10:38am #4
Quote:

If you have existing targets in your scene that aren't included in the newly imported config.xml file, their names are written into the file.

It's not only on importing. I've played around with the sample project that provoked the bug report that you're referring to.

It appears that the prefab code is verifying config.xml and adding the ImageTarget definitions for all prefabs in the scene if they are not defined. But this verification doesn't check against qcar-resources.dat.

Try this, using the ImageTargets sample and by importing a single ImageTarget resource..

1. Import the new unitypackage.
2. Assign the new ImageTarget to one of the existing prefabs (e.g. ImageTargetChips ).
3. Revise config.xml to contain only the definition of the new ImageTarget.
[ you can now build and run the sample, and it will work correctly ]
4. Click on one of the ImageTarget prefabs in the hierarchy pane.
5. Now look at config.xml - it's been revised to include all of the ImageTargets present in the scene. This will occur without building the project. It results from the selection of the ImageTarget prefab.

Re: Replacing trackable doesn't work properly

May 20, 2011 - 9:53am #3

Hi Paulius,

You're right, this looks like a bug (another forum member mentioned it recently as well). If you have existing targets in your scene that aren't included in the newly imported config.xml file, their names are written into the file. You have to edit these out by hand right now. We'll try to fix this in a future update.

- Kim

Re: Replacing trackable doesn't work properly

May 20, 2011 - 1:29am #2

I have also had to import the very same updated package two times. I don´t have 100% confidence in the way Unity handles packages.

Log in or register to post comments