Topic locked

UI Masking problem (Unity 5.3.1 & Vuforia 5.0.10)

January 22, 2016 - 8:27am #1

So I ran into a major issue with Vuforia 5.0.10. In Unity 5.3, UI masks do not work with Vuforia 5.0.10. UI masks worked fine with Unity 5.2 & Vuforia 5.0.6, but something must have changed with Vuforia's ARCamera in the latest release (5.0.10).

Just to make sure the problem wasn't related to anything else, I created a brand new empty Unity project, imported only Vuforia, and created a UI image & UI mask in the scene. Then I dropped in the ARCamera prefab and ran the scene. The UI mask & image worked correctly in the scene view, but in the game view, the UI mask does not mask (hide) the UI image like it is supposed to do. If I turn off the ARCamera, the UI mask works correctly. I have uploaded the test project in case the Vuforia devs want to try it for themselves: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eac6d7vspcphwns/Unity5-3-1_Vuforia5-0-10_maskingTest.zip?dl=0. Or you can build your own new project using the steps mentioned above.

Any thoughts as to how this can be fixed?

AttachmentSize
Image icon gameRunning.png512.4 KB

January 22, 2016 - 9:22am #4

Thanks AlessandroB, that post fixed the problem!

I swear, I did search the forums before posting a new topic. My problem was that I only looked for posts in 2016 related to "mask", so I missed that topic.

Thanks again!

January 22, 2016 - 9:07am #3

January 22, 2016 - 8:51am #2

I forgot to mention in my first post what the attached screenshot was showing. I had the scene running in the editor.

The white box is the mask, the red box is the UI image that is supposed to be masked.

If you look at the scene view (top-left window) it is being shown correctly (the red box is being cropped/masked).

If you look at the game view (top-right window) it is not being shown correctly (the red box is not being cropped/masked).

Topic locked