Unity 3.4.0f5 QCAR iOS compatibility?

October 4, 2011 - 11:52pm #1

I am running into an odd bug with 3.4.0f5 with the QCAR iOS latest release for Unity...

For sanity check:

The ImageTargets example runs when my iPhone is connected by USB, but when I disconnect it, the app hangs in the splash screen and then crashes.

Is there some caveat or trick to getting the QCAR iOS to work on Unity 3.4.0f5?

Re: Unity 3.4.0f5 QCAR iOS compatibility?

October 11, 2011 - 4:01pm #7

Hi MoSR, iOS 5 Golden Master was officially released by Apple last week to those in the iOS Dev Network, so if you log into your Dev account, you should be able to download that

When my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.5 is connected to Xcode, it takes an unusually long time for the app to load past the splash screen... But, it loads eventually.

When I try running the app, disconnected, the app hangs at the splash screen and then crashes to home screen -- I believe this is because iOS auto-kills apps that takes too long to load.

For some reason, the same issue occurs with the default ImageTarget example.

MoSR and ksiva and others - when you test, are you testing with clean devices or ones already loaded with (many) other apps from iTunes?

October 11, 2011 - 4:11am #6

Hi Ina,

We're not claiming compatibility with 5.x until there's an official release from Apple; QCAR is compatible with all versions of 4.x that we've tested with.

We've tried to reproduce your problem but so far haven't been able to, so any further information would be helpful - send it to me privately if preferred.

One thing to note is that after a session run by Xcode, sometimes the app can be left running and when you disconnect the cable and run the app from it's icon, it's actually trying to resume the app that expects to be connected to Xcode - but I suspect you've eliminated that possibility.

October 10, 2011 - 7:44pm #5

Hi - so I've tried rebooting, but the crash error still occurs. Which version of iOS is the iOS AR SDK tested for? Is it iOS 5 only or does it also work on iOS 4.x?

October 7, 2011 - 3:03pm #4

I updated an iPhone 4 to that version and did see a strange issue until I rebooted the phone, now it seems to work correctly. We'll continue to investigate, but have you rebooted your phone recently? I would also recommend deleting and reinstalling the app.

- Kim

October 6, 2011 - 1:17am #3

Yes, I've tried running the app again (and again and again!) after the splash-crash-return2homescreen, which happens each time

iPhone 4 on 4.3.5

October 5, 2011 - 5:27pm #2

If you run it again after it crashes does it start working properly?

What device are you testing with?

Thanks,

- Kim