Log in or register to post comments

Unity Android Activity: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no method with name='kill' signature='()V

January 15, 2013 - 2:54am #1

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate my Unity project as a library into my regular Android project as described here:
https://developer.vuforia.com/resources/dev-guide/extending-unity-android-activity-and-adding-custom-views-eclipse

I know I already managed to do this sucessfully with Vuforia 1.5.

However, with 2.0 I get the following stacktrace:

 

ERROR/AndroidRuntime(23410): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
        java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no method with name='kill' signature='()V' in class Lcom/qualcomm/QCARUnityPlayer/QCARUnityPlayer;
        at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.initJni(Native Method)
        at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.a(Unknown Source)
        at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.init(Unknown Source)
        at com.qualcomm.QCARUnityPlayer.QCARPlayerSharedActivity.initUnityPlayer(QCARPlayerSharedActivity.java:616)
        at com.qualcomm.QCARUnityPlayer.QCARPlayerSharedActivity.access$300(QCARPlayerSharedActivity.java:40)
        at com.qualcomm.QCARUnityPlayer.QCARPlayerSharedActivity$InitUnityTask.onPostExecute(QCARPlayerSharedActivity.java:189)
        at com.qualcomm.QCARUnityPlayer.QCARPlayerSharedActivity$InitUnityTask.onPostExecute(QCARPlayerSharedActivity.java:178)
        at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:631)
        at android.os.AsyncTask.access$600(AsyncTask.java:177)
        at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:644)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5039)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:793)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:560)
        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
 
 
Any suggestions?

Hi, I managed to do the test

January 16, 2013 - 3:33am #4

Hi, I managed to do the test on 2.0, and I did not encounter the issue that you report; the Application just runs fine;

what I did (if it can help) was just to create a Unity project by just importing the plain ImageTarget unitypackage sample (perhaps it would be good to try the same, in case you're instead using your own project); 

if you follow the procedure precisely (and I presume you did, since you're able to run it with 1.5), then exporting the ImageTarget from Unity to Eclipse should work fine (as I just tested);

if you can do the same test, that would help narrowing down the problem.

 

One more thing:

please check the Unity migration guide, as it might contain some hints that could help (such as removing the scripts from 1.5, etc.):

https://developer.vuforia.com/resources/dev-guide/migrating-your-unity-project

 

Hi, let me make a quick test

January 15, 2013 - 5:47am #3

Hi, let me do a quick test in 2.0, to see if I can reproduce the same issue...

will get back to you.

Tried it again, using Vuforia

January 15, 2013 - 4:35am #2

Tried it again, using Vuforia 1.5 and this works!

Log in or register to post comments