Video orientation flipped on latest Unity 4.5.2 and latest Vuforia 3.0.9

August 8, 2014 - 12:42am #1

It looks like there is a bug where the video orientation is flipped (90 degrees rotated) on the latest Unity stable and Vuforia. 

iPhone 5S

Video orientation flipped on latest Unity 4.5.2 and latest Vufor

December 16, 2014 - 7:29am #7

Same problem in Unity 4.6 and latest Vuforia.

Works perfectly in Editor but on iOS devices video is rotated 90 degrees CCW and only takes up a % of the texture it is rendering into. :(

Any ideas how to fix this issue? :(

Edit: Strangely enough, I sent the project to someone to test on their end and in Xcode, after odifying the info.plist file as indicated elsewhere on this forum, he also found the same issue as me. He then went and modified the plist again and set the device initial orientation to landscape mode (even though the app only ever runs in portrait) and that fixed the issue of the rotated video for him, but not the fact that it only takes up a portion of the texture instead of rendering to the entire texture.

As for me, when I edit the plist file, sure enough I get the video feed to show and it is rotated 90 degrees for me as explained above. I then change the device initial orientation to all 4 possible values and when I build the project my video stays rotated 90 degrees CCW... What the hell??? :O No idea how to explain that little intricacy...

Without seting that initial valuein the info.plist the app refuses to start as it gets a runtime error. By setting the value to anything, I get a 90 degree CCW rotated image. Someone else gets an image that actually follows the setting. But both of us always get only a partially rendered image.

Why? What do we do to fix this? :(

Thanks

August 14, 2014 - 1:24pm #6

I downloaded 3.0.9 unity package and imported into Unity 4.5.2, built the app with default settings, ran the app on iPhone5. Everything looked fine to me:

- Playing the video (without full screen mode) plays directly over the Image Target - didn't notice any flipping there

- Playing the video on full screen mode makes it switch orientation depending on how you hold the device (potrait or landscape)

Can you help me understand what exact issue are you talking about here?  

August 13, 2014 - 5:50pm #5

Can you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

August 13, 2014 - 4:25am #4

Same issue, using 4.5.2 Unity and latest Vuforia 3.0.9. The video flipped 90 degrees.

August 12, 2014 - 8:34pm #3

latest 4.5.2 Unity and latest Vuforia 3.0.9

The app was at default orientation, but even on changing to different ones the video is always flipped. 

August 11, 2014 - 10:24am #2

Hi Jackli, 

What version of Unity and vuforia are you using? Could you elaborate more on the problem? For example how does the rest of the app look - potrait or landscape? If your app is on potrait and the video flips to landscape when you play it, that's expected behaviour that can easily be controlled from the app logic. 

Let me know if its a different issue than what I just descibed.