Vuforia 5.5.9 ARVR new features questions?

March 10, 2016 - 4:12pm #1
  • Vuforia now supports rotational head tracking and distortion correction natively. Development of Mixed Reality AR/VR apps no longer requires the integration of a 3rd party VR SDK.
  • Rotational head and hand tracking in 3 degrees of freedom (3 DoF) is supported along with support for head and hand models to define rotational pivot offsets
  • Portable AR/VR rendering for both mono and stereo viewports is supported using Render Primitives
  • Viewer management is supported to configure Vuforia for drop-in VR headsets, such as Cardboard and Gear VR, using Viewer Parameters

As stated on the Release notes we not longer need cardboard sdk to run ARVR with vuforia which is great but what are the advantages and disadvantages of this setup?

Also do you know a tutorial to use only vuforia ARVR, during my testing i am getting blankscreen everytime.

Vuforia 5.5.9 ARVR new features questions?

March 10, 2016 - 6:37pm #2

chop wrote:

Also do you know a tutorial to use only vuforia ARVR, during my testing i am getting blankscreen everytime.

With regard to blackscreen on your device with 5.5.9 (unrelated to ARVR), posted some questions to your other thread here:

https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/issues-and-bugs/black-screen-newest-sdk#comment-2062020