2018.1.1 - Removing VuforiaMars_Images

May 28, 2018 - 3:22pm #1

I removed these unneeded default imports from Streaming Assets and Editor... but each time I hit run, this red error occurs:

Dataset VuforiaMars_Images could not be loaded and cannot be activated.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

July 25, 2018 - 10:43pm #14

AFAIK I don't have any references. I am using just User Defined and Cloud and not the Image targets...  

July 23, 2018 - 5:25pm #13

Hello @inayo,

Are you still referencing the database in one of your prefabs? Since 7.1.31 SDK we've eliminated the need to initialize and activate datasets in the ARCamera, but the Database and Image Target names are still assigned in the Image Target prefab.

My guess is that you still have some dangling reference in your to that database.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

July 22, 2018 - 11:58pm #12

inayo wrote:

Vanes wrote:

Dude, do you really need to remove VuforiaMars_Images? -.-

In my project I just let it live. What about just not deleting this files (.dat & .xml)?

When you publish the app, the unneeded Mars files adds extra bloat and could put you over the limit for app store publishing (before needing to do file splitting).

Also, when you are working on hundreds of Vuforia-based projects, it really just takes up unnecessary space.  

Hm. Aaand... excess 100 KB is hindrance for you, year?

July 22, 2018 - 11:53pm #11

Vanes wrote:

In my project I just let it live. What about just not deleting this files (.dat & .xml)?

When you publish the app, the unneeded Mars files adds extra bloat and could put you over the limit for app store publishing (before needing to do file splitting).

Also, when you are working on hundreds of Vuforia-based projects, it really just takes up unnecessary space.  

July 22, 2018 - 11:52pm #10

July 22, 2018 - 11:51pm #9

In 2018.1.2 there does not appear to be a way to get rid of this error - Mars isn't present in Vuforia Configuration, proj hierarchy or in any publicly accessible Vuforia scripts...

Dataset VuforiaMars_Images could not be loaded and cannot be activated.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Vuforia.DatabaseLoadARController:LoadDatasets()
Vuforia.VuforiaARController:StartAfterInitializationCompleted()
Vuforia.VuforiaARController:UpdateState(Boolean, Boolean)
Vuforia.DigitalEyewearARController:Update()
System.Delegate:DynamicInvoke(Object[])
Vuforia.DelegateHelper:InvokeDelegate(Delegate, Object[])
Vuforia.DelegateHelper:InvokeWithExceptionHandling(Action)
Vuforia.VuforiaBehaviour:Update()

July 22, 2018 - 11:44pm #8

FYI this is still happening 

June 5, 2018 - 11:21am #7

inayo wrote:

https://gyazo.com/fb90e0dac2d4f3e905a65522126e5b74

This may be because I've upgraded from a previous version of Unity / Vuforia. N.B. I upgraded Vuforia/Unity from 2017.1 to 2018.1 as an empty Vuforia project (not using Mars). 

For upcoming Vuforia: Is it possible to have the Mars asset be an optional asset? It would be much more efficient if there is just a core SDK Asset available. 

What do you have in your scene? Is there a reason you needed to upgrade an empty project from 2017.1 to 2018.1? Are you able to create a new project in 2018.1 and reproduce this issue?

I believe these assets are becoming optional in 7.2.

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

June 5, 2018 - 9:19am #6

I have the same problem, and I'm very sad that this bug is still there, several version of Vuforia later...

June 3, 2018 - 9:55pm #5

https://gyazo.com/fb90e0dac2d4f3e905a65522126e5b74

This may be because I've upgraded from a previous version of Unity / Vuforia. N.B. I upgraded Vuforia/Unity from 2017.1 to 2018.1 as an empty Vuforia project (not using Mars). 

For upcoming Vuforia: Is it possible to have the Mars asset be an optional asset? It would be much more efficient if there is just a core SDK Asset available. 

June 1, 2018 - 10:12am #4

I was able to remove all of the Mars targets from the StreamingAssets folder and had no issues running the project. Would you be able to share a screenshot of your setup and/or share your project that encounters this?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support

May 30, 2018 - 9:01pm #3

Yes. This happens in an empty proj with just Vuforia imported.

This is happening for 2018.1.2 as well 

If you remove the mars targets from streaming asset, it actually refuses to let you add an ARCamera or any Vuforia assets into a new scene without re-importing the missing targets. 

My guess is that your QA has only tested with Mars and has not tested for a project in general? Is there a way to remove Mars or is Vuforia supposed to be only used with these Mars assets from now on? 

May 30, 2018 - 3:34pm #2

Hello inayo,

Is this in the samples or a blank/custom project?

Thanks,

Vuforia Support