"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

2018.3.14f1 - Crashes out of nowhere

Hi all,

Since a few weeks 2 of our testing devices started crashing on one of our apps when opening the app. At first it started happening on my personal device, it would just crash. Last week it started happening on another testing device. So far only Android devices.

We narrowed it down to when Vuforia initializes at VuforiaRuntime.Instance.InitVuforia(). We're using ARCore & Vuforia together, but previously this was not an issue. It also crashes when we disable ARCore. Vuforia is updated to latest version

Unfortunately Unity doesn't provide a useful error when crashing.

Any pointers are appreciated!

Hi,

Could you please provide a logcat dump using $ adb logcat AR:D Unity:D *:S? I would want to see the init proces step by step.

Also could you please confirm the following:

1. Which features are you using?

2. On which device is the app consistently crashing?

VRPoppr

Tue, 03/31/2020 - 13:49

In reply to by mcotora

Hi,

Some additional testing:

• Clean build with Vuforia doesn't freeze on init
  • Using our project build, Vuforia init even crashes on an empty Unity scene

We're mainly using image targets with cloud markers.

App is crashing on:

mcotora

Wed, 04/01/2020 - 08:46

In reply to by VRPoppr

Hi,

The logcat abruptly ends after the init process selects the rendering API, does it freeze/crash after this step? is this the entire log output?

Would you be able to some info on the build settings? are you using something special?

Thank you.

VRPoppr

Mon, 04/06/2020 - 11:18

In reply to by mcotora

Hi,

It does crash after the init.

That's the entire output.

The thing is, even the app that's on Google Play/App store that used to work before now started crashing too. Without any code changes. 

VRPoppr

Tue, 04/14/2020 - 08:45

In reply to by mcotora

Hi,

Any update?

Our producation app is now not usable for 2-3 weeks.

mcotora

Tue, 04/14/2020 - 10:02

In reply to by VRPoppr

Hi,

I am not able to offer remote assistance.

The only Android device that I currently have is a Huawei phone and I am not able to access Play Store. The corporate network also restricts me from using different sites that automatically generate the APK from Play store.

Hi,

Any update on this?

Cheers,

Jel