"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Assets Warning CS0168 while adding vuforia package into unity

Hello,

my name is Kay and I'm new to vuforia and unity. So this is maybe a noob question.

I've installed Unity 2020.3.7f1 and the latest vuforia package 9.8.8. When I create a new project, unity starts up without any issue (I've tried 3D and AR). As soon as I import the unity package by dopple clicking or via the asset store I get the following warning:

Assets\Editor\Migration\AddVuforiaEnginePackage.cs(73,26): warning CS0168: The variable 'e' is declared but never used

I've tried to use an older Unity 2019 version but the problem still appear. I can't find any information on google about that, that's why I hope this forum can help a newbie like me to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance

Kay

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the warning. The warning appears only if you have already the SDK installed and you are importing a sample from the asset store.

I also checked the content of the sample and all is installed.

Please ignore the warning.

Thank you.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. But when I ignore the message, I am not able to add the Vuforia Engine AR Camera to my project. May I miss something?

Thanks in advance
Kay

mcotora

Tue, 05/11/2021 - 08:21

In reply to by kaypohl

Hi,

I was able to add the ARCamera to the scene.

Do you see any errors in the Console?

Could you please also confirm the exact error you get when adding the AR Camera?

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

Hi,

I only get the warning CS0168 warning. I am not able to select a Vuforia AR Camera. I've attached an image showing that there is no Vuforia component visible.

Kay

mcotora

Tue, 05/18/2021 - 12:57

In reply to by kaypohl

Hi,

Ok, strange behaviour.

Could you please create a new project and import directly the core sample app?

The sample will also install the Vuforia Engine SDK.

Thank you.

Vuforia Engine Support

Hello, Kay

I had exactly the same error. I solved it following next steps:

1) Install git in your PC

2) Add git to the system path

3) Add a firewall rule for unity and Git

4) Restart your computer.