"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Auto focus doesn't work Vuforia 8.1.7 with Arcore

Vuforia Support,

Catch 22! I'm assuming the bug with Vuforia not being to autofocus when Arcore is installed is still a thing in Vuforia 8.1.7? My S8+ used to be able to autofocus before I had to put the arcore 1.4 aar file in the plugins folder to avoid the manifest problem which causes google to reject my apk: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/solved-vuforia-810-and-androidmanifest.

I don't need arcore, all I'm doing is image target recognition and tracking those image targets. I can't even focus on targets that are the size of playing cards 2 inches away in perfect lighting with a S8+ camera now!

How do I completely remove arcore from my project while keeping vuforia 8.1.7 fully capable of tracking an image target and autofocusing the camera and not have it be rejected by google for not having the arcore 1.4 aar file installed in the plugins folder of unity?

If the only solution is to build the unity project in android studio (kind of rough) please provide detailed instructions on how to successfully accomplish this feat with vuforia 8.1.7 begining from unity to finished apk build.

The catch 22 is I cannot autofocus with arcore installed, if I cannot autofocus my app doesn't work, If I don't install arcore then I cannot upload to google play. 

Thanks,

Umar

Cloud production key holder

I was in a similar boat.  I was in a time crunch and just needed to get it up, it'd probably be easier to build a project from Unity instead (i didnt have access to the project at the time).  So this does work, if you'd rather do it this way.
1. Decode the apk with APKTool

There are some solutions here in regards to the manifest: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/play-store-submission-error-comgooglearcore
Seems like they are aware that editing the manifest might be necessary in this regard.

I cannot leave arcore out of the unity project because vuforia writes arcore tags inside the android manifest file inside the apk file,and when you upload to google play google will reject saying Hey where is the arcore library.

Did you happen to try that technique from that thread?  I'm curious if Vuforia will override and write tags into a user provided manifest.  If that doesn't work, I guess you'll have to use an Android Studio project or decode/recode the apk.

I got it to work-build-publish...it was a pain.

Exported the project from Unity, followed this tut for importing into android studio: https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005695763-Exporting-a-project-to-Gradle-and-building-deploying-on-Android-Studio

Hello,

Thanks for your patience with this issue. We realize it is a challenge to overcome, and apologize for the inconvenience.

I see activity on the ticket to resolve this issue, so I'm hopeful that it will be resolved in our next commercial release.

Keep you posted.

Hello,

With Vuforia Engine 8.3, we've added a new configuration setting to specify whether ARCore is be required, optional, or not used at all in an Android application. This can be found in the DeviceTracker section of the Vuforia configuration.

Thanks,

isabellaw

Tue, 11/19/2019 - 08:48

From the outset the self-adjust was effectively set in my application. Be that as it may, after installind ARCore and running my application again the self-adjust couldn't be set any longer.