"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

(BETA) Unity 2017.3 + Vuforia = extreme iOS camera lag

Unity 2017.3 with Vuforia built-in. iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11.2.

Using image tracking. Works great to detect my image tracker, and tracks it well without much jitter.

However, after about 20 seconds of using the app, the camera view begins to lag about 1 second behind actual device movement. This lag occurs whether I am pointing the camera at a tracker or not. I've gone through every single optimization and setting possible to eliminate this (I'm Unity certified, for what it's worth). Nothing works to fix the lag.

I have no other features in the app aside from detecting the tracker. My image tracker has a Unity Sphere primitive as a child. No other scripts, logic or GameObjects.

Even with the excellent tracker recognition, this is a show-stopping bug. 

If anyone has developed a Vuforia app in Unity 2017 for iPhone, please share how you worked around this issue. 

I reverted to 2017.2, rebuilt the project and the camera lag is completely gone. The tracking in 2017.2 seems to have *slightly* more jitter than with 2017.3, but only when the tracked object is moved further away from the camera. But the overall experience on 2017.2 is much better.

SoluisDev

Wed, 11/08/2017 - 13:50

I also experienced this issue with a project I did recently. I was able to resolve it in Unity 2017.3 beta. The issue I found was that there were several lights in the scene that, despite being set as baked, were having an effect in realtime.