"We offer new support options and therefor the forums are now in read-only mode! Please check out our Support Center for more information." - Vuforia Engine Team

Black Camera Feed Unity 2019.1.2f1

When I add the following stuff to an empty scene:

ARCamera, Image Target (with 3D object as child) No scripts

Delete main camera, toggle Vuforia support in Player settings and build to android device, I get a black camera feed background.

Everything worked perfectly in previous versions. Is there a fix? Anything else is on default.

Hello,

Thanks for the report. I was able to replicate and am now investigating with the team.

Do the Vuforia Engine Core samples, from the Unity Asset Store, work? Those have been tested by the team and should function as you expect.

Hello,

I was able to overcome the initial launch black screen by pausing and then resuming the app. This is an issue in 2019.1.2 that we are currently investigating.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

Hello,

Please see this post for an app-level workaround: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/known-issues-unity-20191

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

NickPeelman

Wed, 05/15/2019 - 10:32

In reply to by medabit

[quote=medabit]

Hello,

I was able to overcome the initial launch black screen by pausing and then resuming the app. This is an issue in 2019.1.2 that we are currently investigating.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support

[/quote]

Any update on this?

My vuforia stops working when i pause the app, then unpause, go back to a scene that does not use vuforia and then to a scene that uses it.

Hello,

I have the same problem on Unity 2019.2.2f1 with Vuforia 8.3.9. Is there a fix yet ?

Thanks !