[BUG] Loading 360 Model Target Database fails on device

June 26, 2019 - 5:47am #1

Ok so I am loading the databases like this

ObjectTracker tracker = TrackerManager.Instance.GetTracker<ObjectTracker>();

DataSet dataSet = tracker.CreateDataSet();

dataSet.Load("modelTargetDB_Name");

foreach (var item in dataSet.GetTrackables())

{

dataSet.Load(item.Name);

}

tracker.Stop();

tracker.ActivateDataSet(dataSet);

tracker.Start();

In editor this works just fine (I use the same code to load all the image targets)

but on a device (tested on samsung s8, s4 and note 8) the database is not loaded, and no error message is output (using only unity as filter in adb logcat)

it worked fine on a previous model target with 6 guideviews, this model target is using 360 degree with deep learning instead.

As a workaround I am keeping the model target enabled, this way the database gets automatically created on scene load and everything works fine,

Although I do need this fixed since I would like to download the database only when requested and load it later

P.S.

I think I should have posted this under the model target subforum, although I am using unity, where should this post go?

June 27, 2019 - 7:54am #3

I wrote the database name with the first letter as lower case when it should have been upper case

Strangely enough this works ok in the editor but not on the device, fixing the name fixed the issue

O.o

June 26, 2019 - 3:33pm #2

Hello,

For Model Target device database swapping, please refer to our 8.3 Core samples on the Unity Asset Store (no cost).

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with your license key, but it is difficult to know for sure from your description. Suggest you try again, using the following adb command string:

$ adb logcat AR:D Unity:D *:S

Perhaps the additional logging data can better reveal what the issue may be related towards.

Thanks,

Vuforia Engine Support